Friday, April 17, 2009

 

Rock The Boat


Being a firm believer in the law of conservationism, I knew yesterday that my night was going to be a fun one, since my morning didn't start off with a bang. Whole Foods seems to be phasing out Powerbars (which has been my breakfast for as long as I can remember), and I did not have a chance to partake in the wonderfulness that is 5 cent cone day at Kohr Bros. Plus, work was crazy. So, I knew that dinner with the Vandas at The Boathouse was going to be the best dinner ever.
And it was. It is always great to get together with those two. The guys talk guys stuff, while we girls talk about reality shows (specifically 'The Cougar') and what's going on in the 'Ville. Oh yeah, we had some food there, too.
We started with the spinach/artichoke dip, which I believe I have raved about here before. More spinach, less cream=delicious. Then, Beth had the Mickey pasta (chicken, linguini in a spicy herb sauce). It was a little spicy for Beth's taste, but I thought it was just right. I had the salmon, which was very good, but there was just too much of it. The guys got Fish n Chips and steak individually, and both said the dishes were very good. (By the look of Steve's plate, I could tell that without him saying a word.) For dessert (which I usually won't have unless they have key lime pie), we had key lime pie. It wasn't green, like most fake key lime pies are. And it was scrumptous. A great ending to a great meal.
Felicia, our server, couldn't have been nicer. She let us 'friends-who-don't-get-together-often-enough' take our time to catch up and have a nice slow dinner. And, as always, Al, the owner, visited the table a couple of times. (So nice when the owner actually takes an interest in what is happening at the tables.) Everything was just wonderful...
So, I should have known that something was going to be amiss, being that the law of conservationism is always in full effect. Steve and I got a little ways down the road, when I realized that I left my boxed up salmon sitting on the table. By the time we got back, Felicia shook her head as if to say 'it's gone.' (Insert sad 'wah wah' sound effect here.)
Moral of the story, rock The Boat, but don't forget the fish! (Best I could come up with on a Friday morning.)
Have a great weekend!

-A

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?